Features

Saturday, January 11, 2014

You are what you eat

I LOVE TO COOK!  There...I said it...it's out there.  I like to come up with unique concoctions that taste amazing.  I sometimes will just go through the pantry and just throw things in a pan regardless if they make sense or not.  You would not believe what that looks like sometimes.  I can't think of a single time that it was terrible.  Interesting - but not terrible.  The main reason I make concoctions is that I get bored really easily.  When you eat healthy non-processed food, there are only so many things you can eat.  That being said there are a least a million different combinations of those foods.  That's where my concoction creation process comes into play.  Vegetables go with vegetables.  New things come to life with minimal effort and look beautiful with all the colors and textures.  Can you here the proverbial "Ahhhh".  I can. 

In fact, because I love to cook so much I am going to be putting up recipes that reflect my style.  I refuse to eat things that don't taste good.  I refuse.  The most common complaint about "healthy" food is that it doesn't taste good.  Mine does.  Sometimes I get ideas in my head, then I find a recipe that's kind of close and tweak it to make it healthier or just add things that I think would contribute to the flavor.  That totally counts as a concoction (I just love that word).  For example, tonight I wanted chicken enchiladas.  I also wanted to be able to sleep tonight knowing that I ate in a healthy manner.  Enter Gina.  I follow her healthy recipes on skinnytaste.com.  Amazing!  Check out the original recipe here!  I just added extra chicken and used regular diced chiles instead of the chipotle kind.  Oh and of course I added extra cilantro because...well...quite simply I LOVE cilantro.  I love cooking with cilantro because it smells great and gives a flavor and kick you can't really get anywhere else.  It's in my top 3 "go-to" seasoning/herbs along with garlic and fresh basil.  ANYTHING will taste better with one of those three items - GUARANTEED!

So...when you're tired of eating the same thing over and over.  Make a concoction.  You won't regret it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment