Features

Monday, January 27, 2014

Using your bounty

I participate in a co-op group called Bountiful Baskets where every 2 weeks I order and receive a basket full of fresh fruits and vegetables.  Sometimes, I receive interesting items that I have never cooked with before.  As you should know by now, I am ALWAYS up for a challenge.  The particular item this week that was new for me was artichokes.  Now, I like this flavor.  I like it on Papa Murphy's pizza (I know, I know) and I love them in Spinach and Artichoke dip.  I have never made this other than the packages you can buy that contain about a million calories and even more grams of fat.  So...I took to the handy dandy internet to see if I could find one that I could actually eat.  There are very few that actually use fresh artichokes (perhaps due to the work involved to get to the heart).  I did find one though so I will try it and let you know.  If you want to try it in the meantime, you can get the recipe here!  My next basket arrives on Saturday - can't wait to see what's in that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment