Features

Monday, February 3, 2014

Making Choices

Every single day - we make choices.  Would I rather wear the red shirt or the blue one?  Should I stop at the store before work or after work?  Would I rather eat everything I think I want or have a healthy, fit body?  That's the bottom line.  It's a choice.  I choose what I put in my body.  I choose if I want to be active or if I want to be a couch potato.  I choose to love myself for who I am.  I choose to take action to get the results I want.  So can you!  Yesterday was Superbowl.  That is a holiday in my house.  I LOVE SUPERBOWL!!!  I don't watch football the rest of the year but I do take the time to watch the "best of the best" (even if they don't act like it).  With that, comes potlucks with the ooey gooey "goodness" that is cheese dips and chips and little smokies and beer.  Massive quantities of beer.  That's usually what my Superbowl looks like.  Not this year.  I am on a mission.  A mission to change my life no matter what the cost.  Sure, I had beer.  2 of them.  That was more than plenty when I don't typically drink beer anymore.  My snack?  A serving (yes I counted) of Garden Herb Triscuits with an AMAZING pico de gallo type fresh dip (1/2 cup).  It was a "free" day for me.  I ended the day around 1,700 calories.  WOW!  I made a choice.  I decided it was in my best interest to enjoy the game without the hangover of insane quantities of fatty foods and lethargy inducing beer.  My methods won't work for everyone.  I just know that for me to be able to feel confident in my plan I need to stick to it.  I am proud of what I have accomplished so far and need to continue to make choices that fit this new lifestyle.  I won't say never - about anything.  It's unrealistic.  But for right now - my choice is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment