Features

Monday, February 10, 2014

Looking Back at my Journey

I was thinking about my journey today.  I have been heavy my entire adult life.  I have never had an adult relationship where I didn't have a significant amount of extra weight to bring to it.  At my highest I was 167 pounds more than I should be.  It took me a few years of ups and downs before my family decided to join me in a "Biggest Loser" Challenge.  That was January of 2012 and I was still 146 pounds heavier than I wanted to be.  I lost 50 pounds in 2012.  I managed to maintained that weight and lost about 3 pounds in 2013.  It was a year of ups and downs and I recommitted myself toward the end of the year.  2014 is the year of my "double golden birthday" and I have to be healthy!  It is my mission to FINALLY get rid of the remaining 93 pounds.  I am down 14.6 so far after 5 weeks (15.7%).  I have a ways to go but I know that I can do it.  I have all the right systems in place - Healthy eating, working out, accountability and motivation teams and an overall desire to make it happen.  I can do this!  So can you! 


I often wonder what is going to happen when I hit my goal weight.  I anticipate that I will have a lifelong journey with my weight.  I may not need to be actively trying to lose it but I suspect that it will be just as much work to maintain my accomplishment.  I just hope that I know what healthy looks like and I won't fall back into old routines.  I have awhile to think about that so need to stress myself out with what could be.  I will worry about that when the time comes.  Just like what I'm going to wear when I am fit.  What a nice problem to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment